We Are Here for You.
Horizon provides a variety of support services to individuals based on their unique treatment, rehabilitation and daily living needs.
Care Coordination Program:
Working Together for a Healthier YOU!
The primary responsibility of the Care Coordination program is to work with enrolled members (you do NOT have to be a Horizon patient) to manage complex and chronic health care needs. Care Coordination provides outreach, engagement and care management services to eligible members enrolled in New York’s Medicaid program. This program will ensure that a comprehensive health-based needs assessment will be completed to determine the member’s physical, behavioral health and social needs.
Our team oversees implementation of the plan of care by providing:
- Coordination, collaboration and continuity with all community providers.
- Comprehensive transitional care for discharges from medical and behavioral health inpatient treatment.
- Member and family education to increase understanding and encouragement of the member assuming an active role in managing their health.
- Encouragement to engaged in primary and preventative care to avoid emergency room visits/ hospital stays.
- Health and recovery plan services. We work closely with members managed care plan to link with home and community based services. These are enhanced services available through a members Managed Care Plan if one qualifies.
Our Care Coordination team works collaboratively with members’ clinical caregivers to support the members achieving their treatment and rehabilitation goals.
Horizon is a subcontractor to the Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center Health Home, and Health Homes of Upstate NY (HHUNY). Our Care Coordination program also provides Health and Recovery Plan (HARP) services. We work closely with the members managed care health plan to link you with Home and Community Based (HCB) Services. HARP and HCB are enhanced services available to you through your managed health care plan if you meet eligibility requirements.
If you reside in Erie County, and want to apply for Horizon Care Coordination Services, please use the following link and select Horizon as your referral choice.
If you reside in Niagara County, and want to apply for Horizon Care Coordination Services, please utilize the below link to apply. Complete the form and send it via fax or email to the Niagara County phone and fax below.
Our new headquarters will serve the entire Erie, Niagara, Orleans and Genesee County community!
If you have any questions, please email CareCoordManagers@horizon-health.org
1000 Young Street, Suite 500
Tonawanda, NY 14150
Program Director: Katie Behrens
Phone: (716) 508-7700
Fax: (716) 508-7701
Recovery Coaching is a form of strength-based support for persons in or seeking recovery from alcohol and other drugs. It is a partnership where the person in or seeking recovery self-directs their recovery while the coach provides expertise in supporting successful change.
Recovery coaches support any positive change, helping persons coming home from treatment to avoid relapse, build community support for recovery, or work on life goals not related to substance use, such as relationships, work, education, etc.
A Recovery Coach…
- Promotes recovery by helping to remove barriers and obstacles to recovery.
- Serves as a personal guide and mentor.
- Can meet patients at a Horizon clinic or out in the community.
- Serves as an accountability partner to help the person stay on track.
- Is action oriented with an emphasis on improving present life and reaching future goals.
- Uses various modes of communication to connect with patients, including 1:1, phone check-ins and text messaging.
A recovery coach works with individuals in multiple stages of recovery through stabilization and into recovery maintenance. This program is only available to current Horizon patients. Interested in learning more? Call 716.831.1800!
Career Opportunity Center:
Build a Career. Regain Your Independence.
The Career Opportunity Center provides comprehensive vocational abilities and interest testing, hands-on assessment, job preparation, skills training, job placement, and post-employment support services to Horizon patients. Patients are placed in meaningful and permanent competitive employment settings paying livable wages. The Center is a certified provider for NYS Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR).
699 Hertel Avenue, Suite 330
Buffalo, N.Y. 14207
Phone: (716) 836-3247
Fax: (716) 833-4420