Continuing Education & Training
Horizon Corporations values a culture of innovation, quality service, and effective collaboration. We believe that continuing education is a life-long practice and an integral part of thriving in the behavioral health field. In 2009, we developed our internal training program, Horizon University, as a means of ensuring our employees obtain comprehensive training on current evidence-based and culturally responsive practices.
Our courses are developed by licensed experts in their area of interest and approved by our internal Clinical Services Department. Horizon places a large emphasis on providing an engaging and interactive learning environment and leverages technology and adult learning concepts to each of our learning opportunities. Horizon is elated to extend our continuing education course opportunities to our community. Courses have been approved by the New York State Department of Education and the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Use Services (OASAS) to provide continuing education hours toward license and/or designation renewal.
Understanding Compassion in the Workplace – December 1st, 2022
Presenter: Jim Prosser, Program Director of Court and Patient Services
December 1st, 2022
9:00AM – 10:00AM
This presentation focuses on examining how we can use different types of communication styles to increase compassion in the workplace. Attendees will gain an understanding of:
- How to implement compassion into your day-to-day at work
- Improving interpersonal relationships with colleagues
- The impact compassion has on developing a high-functioning workplace
- How compassion leads to more loyalty and commitment among team members
Harm Reduction 101 – December 13th, 2022
Presenter: Erin Parr-Horlings, Clinical Supervisor
December 13th, 2022
10:00AM – 11:00AM
This presentation focuses on the below topics and goals:
- Normalizing the concept of Harm Reduction in our lives
- Reviewing the risks/harms associated with drug use and unaddressed mental health concerns
- Discussing Harm Reduction basics and principles for Substance Use and Mental Health treatment
Please email Horizon University.