Horizon is committed to offering our team members a variety of perks to promote wellness, continuing education, financial security, and a work-life balance. Each of our team members is unique and equally important to us. We strive to offer benefits that match their needs and continue to expand our offerings. Over the last year, Horizon has added several new perks, including our Student Loan Assistance Program, identity theft monitoring services for all team members, and additional time off – A Your Way Your Day benefit! These are just a few unique perks offered to our team members! Interested in learning more about why you should join our team? Read more about our perks by selecting the options below!
- Over 100 unique course topics that cover areas such as: clinical skills, approaches and best practices, leadership development, and technical/professional skills building.
- We host over 300 trainings per year!
- Popular clinical and non-clinical course topics/programs include: Personality Disorders, Professional Authority, Trauma-informed Care for Paraprofessionals, Positive Psychology, Motivational Interviewing, Emerging Leaders, and so much more!
- Horizon is an approved education provider to offer Continuing Education Credit (CEU) for the following professions:
- Licensed Master/Clinical Social Workers (LMSW/LCSW)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHC)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT)
- Licensed Creative Arts Therapists (LCAT)
- Credentialed Addictions and Substance Abuse Counselors (CASAC)
- Credentialed Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC)
- American Medical Association (AMA PRA Category 1)
- Our Learning Management System is a personalized training curricula approach to training and development with remote and in-person learning options.
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Offered through “Peanut Butter,” a student loan repayment platform – who doesn’t like peanut butter?!
- Up to $600 per/year toward student loans for all qualifying employees.
- No maximum contribution limit – that’s right! If you stay with Horizon for five years, we will contribute at least $3,000 toward your student loans.
Health & Wellness
- Medical, dental, vision – single and family coverage options
- Stay with Horizon for at least three years and we will reduce your medical insurance rate!
- Receive $600 to $1,200 annually by completing your annual physical, blood work, and online health assessment!
- Don’t need medical insurance? – Horizon will pay you up to $1,000 every year for opting out of our medical insurance plan!
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Free flu shots for all employees every year!
- EviCore & Guardian Employee Assistance Programs
- Ergonomically-set work stations
Helping to Plan for your Future
- No waiting period! Start contributing to your 401(k) retirement plan after receiving your first paycheck
- Company 401(k) match AND profit sharing plans
- Access to Financial Advisors – at no cost to you
- Company-paid life insurance and supplemental options available
- Frequent one-on-ones with your supervisor for support and professional development
- Performance evaluations and compensation adjustments
- Life Event Bonuses – having a baby, purchasing a new home, or getting married? Congrats – you will qualify for a $100 bonus and a special gift!
- Identity theft protection monitoring services for you and your family members – company paid benefit offered through IdentityForce
- Adopting a cat or a dog any time soon? We’ll send you something special to share with your new furry friend
- Flexible work schedules and potential to work remotely after training period
- Begin accruing PTO on day one!
- PTO accrual rate increases every year and rolls over into the new year
- Don’t like taking all that time off? – We have options for you! PTO “buy-back” occurs twice a year
- 9 ½ paid company holidays – including two days unique to Horizon
- Spring Fling (last Friday of March)
- Happy Horizon Day! (Friday after Thanksgiving)
- A Your Way Your Day benefit – extra day off each year to use towards your personal time!
Team Member Connections
- Voted NYS Best Place to Work 15 years and counting!
- Clubs – including Book Club, Kayaking & Paddle Boarding, and more! Don’t see something you like? Start your own club!
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Council
- Company-sponsored team lunches and seasonal team bonding events
- Birthday and work anniversary recognition
- H.E.A.R.T. Training:
- Nationally recognized patient and employee experience training for all team members, licensed by the Cleveland Clinic, that provides you with a framework to effectively handle difficult situations in the workplace.
- Coach with H.E.A.R.T.:
- Quarterly get-togethers with your location’s H.E.A.R.T. Coach to further implement H.E.A.R.T. values and ensure we are always improving both our patients’ and team members’ experience at Horizon.