Students and Volunteers
Internships for Students
Gain real world experience at one of our state-of-the-art facilities across Erie, Niagara, or Genesee Counties. Horizon offers clinical internships for both master’s and bachelor’s level students pursuing a degree in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling, Substance Use Counseling, or a related Health and Human Services field.
Our internships provide extensive supervision and training opportunities for all students. All accepted students will attend Intern-Mingle Orientation to prepare for a successful internship experience. We enjoy partnering with colleges and universities to allow students to gain hands-on experience in the behavioral health field.
- Annually, Horizon accepts two cohorts of interns with spring and fall start dates. Students interested in an internship opportunity should apply online to join our team. Please refer to the application and timeline below for more information.
- Spring internship application cycle will begin every October and accepted students will begin internships in January.
- Fall internship application cycle will begin every April and accepted students will begin internships in August.
Master’s Level Students
- Students enrolled in a master’s level program for Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health, Substance Abuse Counseling, or a related Health and Human Services field should apply.
- Accepted students will be paired with a qualified internship supervisor at one of our outpatient, residential, or detox and inpatient facilities.
Bachelor’s Level Students
- Students enrolled in a bachelor’s level program for Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health, Substance Abuse Counseling, or a related Health and Human Services field should apply.
- Accepted students will be paired with a qualified internship supervisor through our Care Coordination program, located at 1000 Young Street in Tonawanda, NY.
Volunteering, Shadowing, and Non-Clinical Internships
There are options for students enrolled in other programs as well. Horizon offers opportunities in a variety of settings that allow you to learn more about the exciting world of behavioral health.
If you are interested in volunteer hours, observation hours, or a non-clinical internship, please reach out to our Careers Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.