Students and Volunteers
Internships for Students
Gain real world experience at one of our state-of-the-art facilities across Erie, Niagara, or Genesee Counties. Horizon offers clinical internships for both master’s and bachelor’s level students pursuing a degree in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling, Substance Use Counseling, or a related Health and Human Services field.
Our internships provide extensive supervision and training opportunities for all students. All accepted students will attend Intern-Mingle Orientation to prepare for a successful internship experience. We enjoy partnering with colleges and universities to allow students to gain hands-on experience in the behavioral health field.
Currently, the internship application deadline for our spring internships has closed. Please check back to join our team for an internship in October.
- Annually, Horizon accepts two cohorts of interns with spring and fall start dates. Students interested in an internship opportunity should apply online to join our team hyperlink to UKG page). Please refer to the application and timeline below for more information.
- Spring internship application cycle will begin every October and accepted students will begin internships in January.
- Fall internship application cycle will begin every April and accepted students will begin internships in August.
Master’s Level Students
- Students enrolled in a Master’s level program for Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health, Substance Abuse Counseling, or a related Health and Human Services field should apply.
- Accepted students will be paired with a qualified internship supervisor at one of our outpatient, residential, or detox and inpatient facilities.
Bachelor’s Level Students
- Students enrolled in a Bachelor’s level program for Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health, Substance Abuse Counseling, or a related Health and Human Services field should apply.
- Accepted students will be paired with a qualified internship supervisor through our Care Coordination program, located at 1000 Young Street in Tonawanda, NY.
Not pursuing a health care degree? There are options for students enrolled in business and technology programs as well. Simply contact our Employee Services team at ESTeam@horizon-health.org with your name, major, school, and general internship interest (billing, HR, Finance, IT), and attach a copy of your resume. A member of our team will contact you directly after reviewing your information.
Horizon is grateful for the support of our family and friends in the community. If you are interested in giving back and volunteering with our agency, we kindly ask that you submit your information by completing this form. Please include your name, email, phone number, and a brief description of why you would like to volunteer with Horizon. Volunteer opportunities are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and determined based on general operational needs within the organization. After receiving your information, we will contact you directly to review our opportunities. We sincerely thank you for your interest!