COVID-19 Patient Care
Your safety is our top priority!
At Horizon Health Services, our top priority is keeping our patients and staff safe. That’s why we have put the necessary precautions and guidance in place throughout our organization.
Our team is working diligently to limit the time our patients spend in our waiting rooms. We have also rearranged waiting room seating and check-in and check-out areas to accommodate social distancing.
Please continue to stay in touch with your counselor for additional updates regarding onsite appointment times and specifics around entering our facilities.
For the health and wellbeing of all, we ask that you follow our safety guidelines when entering a Horizon location:
- Masks are required at all times for anyone entering our facilities – masks should be properly fitted, covering both mouth and nose with snug fit on face
- If you cannot wear a mask for any reason, we will ask that you schedule a telehealth appointment
- Maintain a 6 foot distance from others at all times. Please be aware of floor markings in the facilities and ensure you follow the cautionary tape guidance to remain 6 feet apart from others.
- Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face
- Hand sanitizer will also be provided for your use while in the facility
- Elevators will have limited capacity of just 1-2 individuals
- If you are sick, or have been sick within the past 14 days, please do not enter the building. We will be happy to schedule a telehealth visit with you until you feel better.
- Individuals will not be able to congregate for any length of time before or after appointments in the waiting rooms or additional areas in the facilities.
- All patients will be asked a brief series of screening questions as per guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) upon arrival. The questions are not listed here because they change as the CDC learns more about the virus.
For additional questions or concerns please contact our Admissions Team at 716-831-1800.
We will continue to update our site to keep you informed on the safety measures we are taking to ensure the highest quality care for our patients, families and community.