Horizon is excited to now offer children’s mental health services for ages three and older. Children can benefit from mental health counseling for numerous reasons and we are here to help. Treating a child’s mental health struggles as soon as possible can help reduce issues in their current and future life. Treatment is specialized for each child and family based on individual needs.
Childhood can be a time for one to be carefree and curious. At least sometimes, that is how the world sees it. That a child should always be happy. That they have it “easy.” However, children go through more than we could ever understand, even as adults who were once children ourselves. Kids see, hear and experience many things throughout their early years of development that can affect them. Getting help to deal with this is important and nothing to ever feel shame about. We all need to take care of ourselves, no matter our age.
Services can include:
- Individual, parent and family counseling
- Play therapy and evidence-based therapies for trauma
- Creative therapeutic techniques, including art therapy and bibliotherapy
- Medication prescription and management
- Coordination with schools, pediatricians and other key persons/agencies
- Same day & telehealth appointment availability
Common problems we treat:
- Anxiety symptoms
- Depression symptoms
- Mood disorders
- Trauma symptoms
- Substance abuse
- Behavioral problems
- Peer relationship problems
- Family dysfunction (family issues)
- School adjustment problems
How does Horizon involve parents/guardians in their child’s treatment?
- Participation in identifying the problems to be addressed and in the development of the treatment plan
- Participation in family sessions
- Ensuring their child’s timely attendance of appointments
- Encouraging their child’s treatment participation
- Supporting their child’s efforts to effect change
Learn more about our children’s mental health services! Our children’s treatment team is made up of passionate and knowledgeable counselors, doctors, nurses and more who are ready to help. To schedule an appointment or get more information, call us today at 716.831.1800.