Horizon Health offers mental health and substance use treatment for adolescents, ages 13 and older, along with family support and counseling. Our teleservices allow you and your child easy and safe support. We understand that making the decision to reach out for help can be difficult, especially for a teenager. Our experienced counselors are here to help bridge that gap, provide a warm and supportive first encounter and develop a personalized treatment experience for you and your family.
Adolescent & Family Services:
- Mental health counseling
- Treatment available for anxiety, depression, PTSD, bipolar disorder, mood dysregulation & more
- Substance use counseling
- Treatment available for the use of alcohol, marijuana, opioids, stimulants & more
- Individual, group and family sessions
- Specialized skill-based treatments
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Individualized and person-centered approach to the patients’ needs
- Treatment of co-occurring mental health and substance use symptoms
- Intervention to increase trust and communication in the family
- Interventions to increase self-esteem, motivation, and develop skills
- Psychiatry services
- Medication assisted treatment (MAT)
- Family involvement, support & education
- Family linkage to community resources
- Coordination of care
- Horizon will communicate with schools, pediatrician offices and other providers to ensure everyone is on the same page.
What to expect:
When calling our Admissions Team, you will go through a series of questions to ensure we connect you with the best team possible. Your first meeting with Horizon, for the time being, will be through either a phone call or video chat. During this time, our team will engage you and your child in an assessment to best determine how to meet your needs. From there, a treatment recommendation is made and a personalized treatment plan is developed.
We are here to help, all while offering a safe, warm and supportive environment for you and your child. Getting help is normal. No family, parent or child is perfect, and we are ready to support you in your journey.
Call us today at 716.831.1800.
We are in this together.