Herbert M. Weis, Ph.D.
Director of Corporate Development/Privacy Officer
“Horizon’s greatest strength is its commitment to continually developing new services and enhancing our current services to meet the changing and ever-expanding needs of our community.”
Herbert M. Weis, Ph.D., a NYS licensed psychologist, has been with the Horizon Corporations for over 30 years during which he has served in several positions. He is currently Horizon’s Director of Corporate Development and Privacy Officer.
In this position, Dr. Weis plays a key role in Horizon’s corporate development initiatives, in quality improvement project design and management, and in both clinical and privacy/compliance policy and procedure development. These include:
- Preparation and submission of private foundation and government grant applications, responses to RFPs, development of proposals for funding of new clinical services, and the associated project implementation and performance reporting,
- Preparation and submission of regulatory agency applications for the establishment, expansion, or relocation of clinical programs,
- Preparation and submission of Horizon’s contracts for funded services, including performance reporting against contract performance targets,
- Participation on NYS and regional government and provider committees focused on service development and improvement,
- Clinical policy and procedure development and management to ensure compliance with regulations and Horizon standards,
- Privacy violation incident investigation and reporting, and
- Design, implementation, tracking and reporting for agency quality improvement projects including client satisfaction surveys and other outcome measurement activities.
Dr. Weis received his Bachelor’s degree in psychology from The City College of New York. He received his Master’s degree and Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Rochester.