Carolyn Messana-Morrow, Esq.
Chief Legal Counsel
Carolyn Morrow is the lead attorney in the Horizon Corporation’s in-house legal department. As a key confidant of and advisor to Horizon’s senior management team, Carolyn’s legal practice covers many diverse legal areas including:
- Business law, such as formation, development, and affiliations and not-for-profit matters
- Healthcare law, focusing on mental health and substance abuse services
- Corporate compliance
- Employment law and human resource matters
- Contract negotiation
- Legal due diligence reviews
- Trustee of the company 401(k) retirement plan
- Trustee and Vice Chair of the not for profit Insurance Consortium
- Insurances, including Professional & General Liability, Malpractice, Workers Compensation, Officers and Directors coverage
- Real property transactions and financing arrangements
- Bond secured mortgage transactions with NYS Dormitory Authority
A lifelong native of Buffalo, Carolyn received her undergraduate and Juris Doctorate degrees from SUNY, is a member of the Erie County Bar Association’s Health Law and Real Estate Committees and has served on various committees at St. Leo the Great Parish in Amherst, NY.