Residential Treatment for Veterans.
Freedom Village is located on the beautiful Horizon Village campus in Sanborn, NY. Our program provides intensive substance use disorder treatment to men who have served in the military and/or as first responders, incorporating specialized individual and family services for those who also may have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or mental health disorders.
The 11,800 sq. ft. Veterans Treatment Center is ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant. It includes several handicapped accessible bedrooms designed for veterans with combat-related injuries. Horizon employs 30 full-time staff members to serve veterans at the Center.
Funding is provided primarily by the NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services along with private sources.
For more information, please call our Patient Care Specialists at (716) 831-1800.
For Current Residents:
Family programs are available on Tuesday’s and Saturday’s.
- Families can arrive as early as 5:45pm
- Family Education Group: 6pm-6:50pm
- Family Visiting: 7pm-7:50pm
- Conference Call: 6pm-6:50pm
- Table Talk: 7pm-7:50pm
- Family Sessions from 7pm-7:50pm
- Family can arrive as early as 9:45am
- Family Education Group: 10am
- Family Visiting: 10:45am-11:30am
- Table Talk: 10am-11am
- Family Sessions from 10am-11am
Check in and visitation is held in the Wellness Center only. All drop offs can only happen during family visitation hours.