Residential Treatment for Veterans.
Freedom Village is located on the beautiful Horizon Village campus in Sanborn, NY. Our program provides intensive substance use disorder treatment to men who have served in the military and/or as first responders, incorporating specialized individual and family services for those who also may have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or mental health disorders.
The 11,800 sq. ft. Veterans Treatment Center is ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant. It includes several handicapped accessible bedrooms designed for veterans with combat-related injuries. Horizon employs 30 full-time staff members to serve veterans at the Center.
Funding is provided primarily by the NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services along with private sources.
For more information, please call our Patient Care Specialists at (716) 831-1800.
For Current Residents:
Family programs are available on Tuesday’s and Saturday’s at the Wellness Center. The Family Program at the Village Campus addresses the needs of family and loved ones who have been affected by the substance use of one another, and is viewed as an essential part of treatment and recovery.
- Families can arrive as early as 5:45pm
- Family Education Group: 6pm-6:50pm
- Family Visiting: 7pm-7:50pm
- Table Talk: 7pm-7:50pm
- Family Sessions from 7pm-7:50pm
- Family can arrive as early as 9:45am
- Family Education Group: 10am-10:50am
- Family Visiting: 11am-11:50am
- Table Talk: 11am-11:50am
- Family Sessions from 11am-11:50am
Check in and visitation is held in the Wellness Center only.
The Family Program addresses
the following goals:
- Increase motivation for recovery
- Stress the importance of recovery
for the entire family system
- Investigate family patterns that work
- Prepare the family for expectations
of early recovery
- Encourage family members’ long-term
support for their loved ones
- Equip family and friends with ways
to provide support